Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Note on Wikisposure, etc.

Wikisposure is a fantastic idea, but I think it falls prey to sensationalism and exaggeration. This is what happened in my case.

They took quotes out of context to make me seem worse, they skewed the facts every which way they could to make things I said at fourteen seem like I said them yesterday.

My Wikisposure is not me.

And Wikisposure is not helping anyone.

So if these sites won't help you protect your children, what will?

Listen to them. Know where they are, know what they're doing. Know who their friends are, in real life and online. If my father had just checked my history, I might not be writing this today.

But it isn't the fault of the parents when a child falls into the trap of pro-pedophilia propaganda. It is the fault of the predators themselves.

I don't have a solution for that. We could hunt them down, stalk them, make their lives miserable. But if your child falls victim to them, not as a sexual object, but as successor to their twisted beliefs, it will be your own child you are hunting.

Wikisposure and the like probably think that it's alright to do that, because they only see people in two divisions -- child activist and evil pedophile. They don't believe that a person can once believe something, and then realize that they were wrong.

I was groomed as a future pedophile, not by one specific person, but by a community, by a set of beliefs, and by a rhetoric that led me to believe they were right. I advocated on their behalf. I sympathized with them. Today, I realize that I was wrong. And I will do everything in my power to help those young people, who, like I did, listen to the pro-pedophilia rhetoric and are too naive to see that it is false.

No comments:

Post a Comment